How to Delete Facebook Account on iPhone and iPad
Facebook has a rather shaky reputation when it comes to abusing and using data from user accounts. Most recently, Facebook apparently ran psychological experiments using some of the data it collected from profiles and timelines without user consent. Whether its the way Facebook handles your data or you're just ready to be done with the drama that can sometimes come with it, we can help you either deactivate your profile temporarily or delete it forever.
How to deactivate Facebook profile temporarily from iPhone or iPad
Deactivating your Facebook account is easy to do and can be reversed by merely signing into an app or browser again. If you're wanting some time away but don't want to commit to deleting just yet, here's how:
- Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on More in the bottom navigation.
- Tap on Settings — it's all the way towards the bottom.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Deactivate under the Account option. 6, You will be prompted toenter your password and confirm that you'd like to deactivate your account.
That's all there is to it. If you change your mind and decide you'd like to be on Facebook again, simply log in to any Facebook app or through the browser and your profile will be just as you left it.
How to permanently delete your Facebook account
- Sign into your Facebook account in any web browser.
- Go to in any web browser.
- Click or tap on Delete My Account.
That's it. Your Facebook account will be scheduled for deletion. Before doing this we highly suggest downloading an archive of your Facebook data so you have it. Facebook also gives you 14 days to change your mind. Signing into your account from any app or other service within the 14 day grace period will automatically cancel the deletion. Keep that in mind since you'll need to sign out of an iPhone or iPad apps linked to your account in order for the deletion to process correctly.
You May Like: How to Permanently Erase iPhone